As the new seasons of shows will start up in the States, I have to air one thing. Science fiction has gathered up a lot of momentum with shows like Defiance. Nerds are becoming popular through shows like Big Bang Theory and people like Neil deGrasse Tyson, Adam Savage and the like. Still there is this one thing. Where are all the great nerdy shows? Where are the intelligently written space adventure shows?
I’m talking about shows like Star Trek TOS, TNG or Farscape. They seem to have slipped of the popular culture’s mindset. There are no longer any interest in exploring space and dreaming. All the shows now are about the inner conflicts, personal problems and mystic. And that’s fine. I do not mind those shows. I actually kind of like them. It does however seem like there is no interest in making something that makes people dream about going further out into the galaxy. Maybe that has something to do with the mindset nowadays. Maybe it is just the hopelessness of our societies, that no one has faith in humanity anymore. Everybody seems content with waiting for aliens to land on our planet and take us away instead of actually looking for them ourselves.
This post became a little weird at the end I see, but I just wanted to air my thoughts on the matter.
- Review: “Farscape” (Season Two) (TV Show) (pekoeblaze.wordpress.com)
- 3 reasons not to watch The Big Bang Theory (henryslaterblogs.wordpress.com)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson: Don’t Be Fooled, Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic Barely Takes You Into Space (businessinsider.com)
- Review: “Farscape” (Season One) (TV Show) (pekoeblaze.wordpress.com)
- Misconceptions of Star Trek (fallingfromvertigo.wordpress.com)
- The three best science-fiction shows on TV (theguardian.com)
- Adventures in Science Fiction Cover Art: Futuristic Telescopes and Radar Dishes (sciencefictionruminations.wordpress.com)